My Make Do and Mend Year has been getting about (in the nicest possible way!) with guest blogs, local news features, and even 5 minutes of fame in the Nationals!
If you would like to feature My Make Do and Mend Year and help to spread the word about how we can all make little changes to make a big difference, and how we can all make sustainable living part of our everyday lives, then please do get in touch!
Here’s where I’ve been, in some kind of reverse chronological order…
- Guardian Live Better Sustainable Blog of the Week
- Launch event of the Big Lunch Resourceful Week, with Start UK at the Eden Project. I was asked to be part of a guest panel debating whether people are more resourceful as individuals or as a collective.
- The Festival of Thrift have started up a Google+ page called the School of Thrift, and I am thrilled to be a School of Thrift blogger!
- Reloved Magazine-April 2014-“Advice from the Experts” Q&A page
- Warwickshire had a whole Thrift Week in March 2014, and I did a guest post for them all about My Make Do and Mend Year
- I appeared on Radio 5 Live in the New Year 2014, on a feature about personal debt
- Pretty Nostalgic magazine-Issue 11
- The Telegraph–arrrgghhhhhh! *squeals excitedly like a teenage girl at a One Direction gig* 2nd Jan 2014
- Best Magazine-Dec 2014
- Amia Online’s Woman of the Month for October 2013
- The Times-yes, the ACTUAL Times Newspaper! A small piece on page 18, but hey, THE TIMES!!!
- Guest panellist at an event at the National Marine Aquarium, with Start UK, discussing the Plasticification of our oceans, and our role as individuals in preventing this
- Oxfam Fashion Blog August 2013
- Western Daily Press 10/08/13
- Buy Nothing New for a Year-I was delighted to be asked to write a post for this awesome US based blog about Buying Nothing New and Creativity
- TEDx Bedford 2013-“Everyday Radicals”
- Ban T-shirts-they have a “5 Questions With..” which is all about (and I quote)”giving some exposure to people who are doing some cool stuff” 🙂
- Start UK-So thrilled to do a guest blog as part of the magnificent #BeTheStart campaign encouraging people to Be The Start they want to see in the world
- Amia Online-is an exciting women’s online magazine and I’m in the May 2013 issue!
- The Sun 26/04/13-Yes really! Our 5 minutes of fame in the Nationals
- The Vintage Fair-This is a HUGE travelling Vintage Fair that pops up in venues up and down the country. I have done a couple of guest blogs for them-the one below is my halfway update
- ITV West County News 27/03/2013-can’t get the link to work, but I was, honest!
- Fair and Funky is a community interest company with the mission statement: empowering people to take little steps to change the world.They run amazing Upcycling and Recycling workshops for kids in Yorkshire, as well as championing Fairtrade wherever they go!
I did a guest blog here:
- and a half-term Upcyling project for them here!
- Daisy Green Magazine is all about ethical fashion, beauty and inspiration. It is the “leading magazine for beautiful women who care about the world” January 2013
- EcoIsland -the fabulous website all about a sustainable Isle Of Wight. Guest Blog January 2013
- Regular appearances on BBC Radio Wiltshire’s Mid-Morning Show with Mark-O’Donnell
- The Upcycle Movement-If you haven’t come across this site yet-check it out-it is fabulous! I did monthly updates during the whole of My Make Do and Mend Year!
Wahay! All SO well deserved! Hope it’s inspiring lots of people xx
Thankyou so much Hattie 🙂
Pingback: Happiness Happens For Jen and Her Denim Skirt