Hurray-it’s FINALLY up, and ready for the ‘big reveal’….!
Following on from the tradition we seem to have started for ourselves a couple of years ago, of making homemade trees (the egg box tree in 2012, and last year’s lampshade tree), I am very proud to present:
Here it is, in all it’s glory….
I’m keen to point out the following features..!
Hubby and I are ridiculously pleased with this year’s tree. Hubby said that in our 10 years of Christmas Trees we have had, since we have been together, he thinks that this is the best yet!
I especially love it because:
- I think it looks AMAZING! And I hope you do too
- Hubby and I made it together-we sat there on the sofa, with the fire on, the Downton box set, and a LOT of wool!
- We started in good time, and actually got it finished without having to stay up until crazy o’clock
- We can use it again and again, and maybe even add to it each year, so that it gets bigger and bigger….!
- It feels like a real community effort-I didn’t have enough/any green wool, and didn’t want to buy any new wool (not quite so Make Do and Mend if it’s all new wool!), so I appealed to the good people of my local Buy Nothing Group, and the people in the Make Do and Mend Pre-Loved Craft Stuff Facebook group, to see if they had any they could spare, and pretty much ALL of the wool has been donated by some very generous, very wonderful people! So if you sent me some wool-thankyou thankyou THANKYOU!! I hope you are as pleased as we are 🙂
Obviously Pom-pom trees will be all the rage for next year, so I’ll share a ‘how-to’ later on in the week (although it’s not really rocket science…)
Definitely our best tree yet!! Will be hard to top. We’ll just have to make it taller for next year!
Thanks lovely hubby 🙂
Jen that is absolutely fantastic! I agree with hubby that it’s your best yet, you must certainly add to it to make it bigger next year! On your Twitter feed you must send it to Kirstie Alsopp(sp?)
Thanks Hilary! I did tweet Kirstie, but nothing back…
Oh my, this is fantastic!! I want one!! X
Wow , looks brilliant , on my list for next year !
Yay! Start pom-ing early…!
This looks fantastic. Well done Jen (and hubby obviously) I love it x
What a work of art. Congratulations. It looks terrific.
Thanks so much 🙂
It looks fab, well done! Definitely tweet a pic to Kirsty I think she’ll love it.
I did Heather, but she ignored me 😦
Love the idea of making your own tree – looks great!
Awesome! We made ours out of tp rolls this year 😛
Cheers & happy holidays,
Love it Anni! Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your handle? Wanted to share it 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Nah, never really got twitter, so my account stays unused. But you can share it anyways 😉
Pingback: How to Make a Pom-Pom Christmas Tree | My Make Do and Mend Year
That’s a beautiful tree. What a fun project! Great idea.
Pingback: Top Ten Tips for Buying Nothing New | My Make Do and Mend Year