Very belatedly, and only just before this week’s #makedoandmendhour, here is the round up from last week!
Pics we shared:
1. @Maker_of_Things shared this picture of a variation on the Bell in a Vacuum experiment. I had to get him to explain.. The air is sucked out of the jar, and the noise from the phone then stops (is inaudible) as there is no air to transmit it! He was testing it out for, wait for it, the BBC-how cool is that?!
2. Mmmmmm, apple betty to use up leftover breadcrumbs, with caramel sauce too! From @nikkiw76
3. Apple rings drying in @DalkeyDan’s oven
4. This clever idea for upcycling old cups and saucers was shared by @EcoChicInteriors
5. Beautiful pillowcase dress for Dress a Girl Around the World from @Sweetmyrtle
6. @DecadiaDesigns made this upcycled glass for her lucky friend on her birthday
7. @EcoChicInterior shared this IKEA hack
8. Knitting a bag from plastic bags-what a fab idea from @brifrischu
9. @ShabbySheUK managed to mend this watch-hurray!
10. Mended wheelbarrow from @SusiB348
11. @IsWasCottage has been knitting vintage lace trims
12. This gorgeous notebook cover was made by @Sweeetmyrtle and her daughter as a birthday present for a friend
13. @EcoChicInterior shared this great idea for upcycling old doors
14. The evenings are drawing in and it’s time to light the fire and get started with some knitting, like @WoollyPedlar
15. Upcycled chair from @raebyrae
16. Giant hand saws! As used by @Maker_of_Things
17. @Maker_of_Things has also been busy mending these secateurs
18. @nikkiw76 painted this shelf that her Grandad had made from some old skirting!
19. This No Parking sign was made by @Maker_of_Things from a kitchen door, and is now looking great in situ
This week’s #makedoandmendhour was super busy, and I seem to have missed a whole heap of photos from the collage! Here they are:
Links we shared:
- Apparently Kevin McCloud makes soap on the Manmade Home on Channel 4-might be worth a watch!
- Maryom’s Homepage had two Make Do and Mend posts-one on making a feature out of wear and tear and the other with LOTS of preserving!
- The Old School Club has lots of great looking knitting and crochet classes coming up
- @WoollyPedlar posted all about Wool Week
- These Recycled Denim Workshops look fab
- As does this Repair Your Knitwear workshop at TRAID in Dalston-it’s TONIGHT-so get along if you can make it!
It was a super busy evening, and I genuinely struggled to keep up!
My apologies if I missed any of your tweets.
Do come and join us again TONIGHT 8-9pm on Twitter for another Make Do and Mend-abulous #makedoandmendhour!