Right then, it’s the weekend-hurray!
For all those still keeping up with the Better Food for All Challenge, as part of Waste Less, Live More Week, Saturdays are for sharing.
Obviously in the spirit of being prepared, I have organised a whole sharing party with the rest of my street…
Sadly not, sorry.
BUT, here is a recipe for pizza-one of our favourite foods for sharing, and it is also a pretty good vehicle for hiding slightly past their best veg, if you roast them first
This is what you need for 2 largish pizzas
- 250g white bread flour
- 3g dried yeast
- 5g salt
- 170ml water
- 1 tbsp olive/rapeseed oil
This is what you do:
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a mixer bowl
- Add the water and using a dough hook, mix on low speed until nearly incorporated, then add the oil
- Mix for 5 mins with a dough hook on low speed, until ‘silky’ and smooth
- Cover and leave to rise for about an hour, or until double in size
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C
- Scoop the dough out onto a well floured surface and divide into two, and then roll/stretch out into 2 suitably sized circles
- Cover with toppings of your choice-I make a quick tomato sauce, and then top with whatever veg is hanging around-today we had some courgette fried with garlic, and then topped this with mascarpone for the last few minutes. The Smalls like egg and cheese-I cook the tomato covered base for about 8 minutes, then take it out, add grated cheese around the edge to fence in the egg, and then crack two eggs into the middle, and cook for another 3-4 minutes
And then for pudding, you can share a big bowl of popcorn...!
Thanks for re-commencing your posts. They really are encouraging.
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 09:19:25 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not a problem!
Have a great weekend 🙂
Looks lovely Jen. We had our usual brunch traditional fry up (veggie) of course but today we had Quorn burgers instead of sausages.
Pingback: Waste Less Live More Week | My Make Do and Mend Year