Today, I am giving stuff away.
For no other reason than I have it, I don’t need it, and someone else might like it.
I thought about doing it for the 400th blog follower, or the 2500th Twitter follower etc, but I when I thought about it, I didn’t feel that comfortable with it-I want people to read and follow the blog because they like it, and they enjoy it, not because they think they might get a bag full of goodies.
So it’s for no special reason. Or Just Because (a phrase I promised myself I would never say to my children, but now find myself saying about 400 times a day, in answer to just some of the “Whys”)
The rules are as follows:
- Leave a comment it you want it
- If there is more than one person clamouring for this wonderful prize, then I will put the names in a hat and ask
an impartial observerone of the Smalls to pick a name
- Then I will contact you for your address and post it
- PS. A very kind person pointed out that perhaps I might like to limit this Giveaway to mainland UK residents only, as they lived in Oz and thought that the postage might bankrupt me. Very wise. UK mainland it is folks, sorry.
And now the bit you are waiting for….
I blogged a little while ago about my trip up to London for the Observer Ethical Awards, and mentioned the fact that there were great big Goody Bags, and that I agonised for about 3 seconds regarding the ethics of accepting Goody Bags when Buying Nothing New. Well, I got home, and had a good rummage around, and there were some bits that may have found their way into daily use (one of these Ohyo collapsible water bottles for example-sorry! Oh,and I ate the Jelly Beans on the train on the way home. Sorry again.), there remains a lot of ‘stuff’ that I really don’t need, including:
- some Pukka peppermint & licorice tea
- a sachet of Cafe Direct gourmet organic, fairtrade ground coffee
- 100g bar of Divine Dark Chocolate with Chilli and Orange
- Some sample bottle of toiletries
- A necklace from the People Tree
- A copy of Richard Branson’s Screw Business as Usual (I may have read this first…)
- Anything else I can find that I think you might like…
So you are more than welcome to it if you want it!