As you will know as you have all been paying close attention (!), I am doing a Christmas Gift Exchange with the lovely people over at A year without supermarkets.
These were “The Rules” that we came up with between us:
- We will each produce a gift for the other family – it must be postable!
- Neither family must buy anything new and / or from a supermarket in order to produce this. In fact in order to not add a penny of extra expense to the festive season and in order to keep this idea environmentally friendly we must not buy anything at all and forage from our existing supplies!
- As we can’t put a financial limit on it, and so that neither of us feel pressured to spend hours making something the item must be made within one hour!
- As we only know each other from reading our respective blogs we can ask the other family 3 questions to help shape what we make and send!
These are the 3 questions that the Pugh family asked us, with our answers in red:
1) If your family were a colour what colour would you be? Ummmmm, I have no idea. Maybe green. Ish. Gosh, this is hard!! I then changed this to yellow, so maybe yellowy-green..
2) Pattern or plain? I would say pattern in a garish retro flowered type pattern but not so sure the boys would agree-maybe we’re safer sticking with plain..!
3) Does the daddy member (or any other member) of your family have extra long feet or are they just regular? Hubby is a size 11-that is quite clown like I think.
I was a little lacking in inspiration so somehwat belatedly posed my questions, and I am now updating you with the Pugh family’ answers! (in blue)
1) If your family were a colour what colour would you be? We think if Team Pugh were a colour it would be ……………. hot pink / bright orange
2) Cars or comics? Comics all the way
3) Favourite board game? NO question that Monopoly wins it – although this game has nearly led to divorce (before we were even married hehe)
So, now you all have to try and guess what we are going to make other!! Would love to hear some of your guesses-just leave a comment, and we will see if anyone gets close!
And the other big news is that Becksie and I (along with at least some of the Smalls) are going to try and meet up, in real life and everything, to exchange gifts! I love how I keep getting tomeet some of the ‘virtual friends’ I have made through My Make So and Mend Year!